Spool knitted Bunny Valentine
The Yahoo Spoolknitting Group recently had a Two-in-One competition in celebration of their fourth year as a group and Valentine's Day. To join the competition, group members had to create a group Anniversary/Valentine card that incorporated some type of spool knitting. I'm elated to announce that out of all the wonderful entries, my Bunny Valentine (pictured above) was the winning entry and this is what I won (isn't she gorgeous?):
Elodie Rouge French Knitter
Components of The Bunny Valentine were created by manipulating I-cords knitted on the Knifty Knitter Spool Loom and using fabric adhesive to attach them to decorative card stock. Here is a breakdown of the yarn and the number of pegs used for each component:
- Celtic hearts border: sports weight yarn in rose knitted on four pegs.
- Bunny: white bouclé yarn; body & head done on five pegs using combination e-wrap & flat knit; legs, arms & ears were done on two pegs. Eyes & heart were embroidered with a French Knot nose added.
- Rose bud: red worsted weight knit as a flat panel on four pegs.
- Rose leaves: green worsted weight wool knit as flat panel using four pegs & decreasing to one peg.
- Rose stem & Violet stem: green worsted weight wool on two pegs.
- Violets: worsted weight yarn in blue/purple done on three pegs, knitted for 3 inches, joined in a "doughnut" circle, gathered in the center of the circle and add a yellow French knot in the center.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Now give someone you love a hug!