Friday, January 19, 2007

Sock-It-To-Me Dog Sweater

I'm slowly recovering from having a new puppy in the house and having grandchildren for a two week visit, so I finally set down and knitted a new doggie sweater for Shandy, my elderly Maltese, in order to apply the corrections to my original sock sweater pattern. This time I've added the detailed pattern to my Pattern Box on the right.
I love the colors of the yarn in this one and the contrasting ribbing added to the back edge and leg openings is a nice touch. Also, the back is a straight flat panel instead of the tapered "saddle" look of the first one. It's actually easier to do and it keeps my baby warmer.

Speaking of babies, I need to knit one for Toula, my newest baby Chihuahua, and Shandy's tormentor. Hopefully, I’ll have some new projects up in a few days, if Toula doesn't chew up the yarn.

11 comments:

Kansas A. said...

That is the cutest sweater and the colours are stunning! You did a great job Brenda :) Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Brenda ... :) Big Smile! Toula is just begging for a sweater, I can see the jealousy in her eyes! So adorable, and the sweaters aren't bad either!! Susan

Renee' said...

I love the colors! Still wishing I could talk my husband into a little dog.


Dora Renee' Wilkerson

karen said...

Brenda. what cute babies

karen said...

Brenda, what cute babies

halfwaynowhere said...

Your new pup is adorable! She looks just like my Daphne did when she was a baby! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your photos ! We have two Maltese dogs and they are the greatest ! I can't want to make them sweaters like these as we are moving from Southern Texas to cold Minnesota and they will need them. Brrr !

Canine Kids said...

I love the colors and I love knitting on a loom.

My furbabies always need another sweater.

http://www.canine-kids.com

Thanks for the idea.

Mary said...

Thank you soo much for this doggie sock sweater pattern. I looked everywhere for a large dog pattern and this one is perfect for my rescue dog who was coming up from 70 degree weather to Boston's 4 degree weather...ps your babies are adorable! Mary

Avril said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ava said...

if u can video on how to make a dog sweater that would be so cool i can only learn by visual oh please can u Thank you ever so much