Thursday, November 29, 2007

Victorian lace ornament, a touch of elegance

Although I could never afford to buy one, Faberge ornaments are the most beautiful of all holiday items. With that in mind, I decided to create a "little touch" of Faberge style on the Knifty Knitter Flower Loom. The result is what I call a Victorian Lace Ornament, similar in design to this Faberge Coronation Ornament that sells for about one hundred bucks.

Since my design is made with metallic cord from the craft department at Wal-Mart and shatterproof (translates as plastic) ornament balls, these will only set you back about fifty cents each plus your time. As with most of my projects, these make up very fast. Also, the lace ornaments would make a nice little extra gift for someone special and best of all, no one has to know how cheap you really are. The pattern is available here or in my Pattern Box on the right.

This project was also featured in Craftzine here.

12 comments:

Jenny Stark said...

Those are very lovely Brenda. Thanks for sharing them with us : )

Dora Renee' Wilkerson said...

Hello Brenda,
These look really good. I'd love to be able to loom knit right now. :(
I hope you have a great holiday.

Marilynart said...

How elegant! Thank you so much for sharing this great idea Brenda.
Blessings,
Marilyn

Martha said...

looks good. great job. and thanks for sharing with all of us

Lynn said...

Brenda, Thank you, for sharing the pattern for these lovely ornaments.

Your detailed instructions are very helpful.

I can see visions of Victorian Ornaments dancing in my head!

Looming Possibilities!
Lynn Markman
www.markmanfarm.com

Nadine said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be making these not only for my trees, but for the trees of my friends and family (along with some snowflakes). Your projects are always amazing and so simple yet they look like they would take hours. Thank you so much for continuing to give us these patterns.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

The ornaments are fabulous, really pretty, I have to agree with Nadine, they look like it would take hours to get them done, only we know better LOL... Thanks for sharing.

Barbara H. said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Thank you!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Heather said...

These are my favourite so far - thanks once again for all your creativity!!!

Liz A said...

Brenda thank you so much for this ornament pattern. I made them in loom class and they are my favorite. I will be decorating my tree and giving them as gifts. Your patterns are so well written. People will think I spents hours making these. They look so elegant. Happy Holidays.

Gillian said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome talent!!

Prasad Kumar said...

What a gorgeous and stunning Christmas decorations you featured here! Love the vibrant and sparkling ornament for tree.