If you don’t need a soap sack and things are smelling fishy, tie your favorite potpourri in an organza circlet and stuff it in the fishy for a cute little sachet sack. Keep your undies, socks and other clothing items smelling fresh. Also, these make great little gifts, too.
NOTE: As of this current publication, there is NO video tutorial. If a video becomes available, I will update and link it from the pattern and this blog post.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy intermediate
SIZE: 4½ inches (11 cm) in length – size varies depending on which loom/yarn you use.
GAUGE: 3.5 stitches and 8 rows = 1 inch
Exact gauge is not essential to this project as long as you match the yarn to the loom.
- Yarn: Sugar’n Cream in Poppy (approximately 3 yards); Red Heart Super Saver in Black (18” strand of yarn for knotted eyes)
- Looms: 12-peg CinDWood 1/2” gauge round loom. Any 12 peg round loom will work. Also, you can increase the number of rows and make this on a larger round loom.
- Other supplies: loom tool, scissors, yarn needle; crochet hook
Skills included in this pattern:
- Drawstring cast on
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- Yarn over
- Changing from knitting in the round to two separate panels
- Picking up stitches to add fin
- Slipping yarn to the back of the peg
- Knotted eye (an alternative to an embroidered French Knot)
Charging a small amount for this pattern will allow you to receive updates if and when they become available. It also helps offset expenses incurred in the pattern development. Thank you for your support.