Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My cheatin' hearts: small gauge knitting on a large gauge loom

When I made the finger puppets (see previous entry), I discovered the most wonderful thing: how to get a small gauge look on a large gauge loom, so I decided to apply this technique to designing some little decorative hearts. These little hearts can be used on hats, scarves, as pins, gifts, etc. Typically, when you make a heart shape, you have to knit the top sections separately. However, not only did I cheat by making a small gauge project on a large gauge loom, I used the "hang hem" technique to shape the top of my little hearts. I wrote the pattern up and put a link to the PDF file in my pattern box on the right, or you can access it here. I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Update: This pattern has been retired and is no longer available. Don't despair, because I replaced it with a newer and better pattern, Little Loom-Knit Hearts.